- Nueces Canyon Consolidated ISD
txConnect Quick Start Guide for Parents of NCCISD Students
1. In the User Name field, the parent types a user name that will identify him when he logs on to txConnect, such as a combination of letters from his first and last names.● The user name must be six to nine characters and must be unique (i.e., not used by anyone else in the district).● The user name is not case-sensitive (i.e., it does not matter if it is uppercase or lowercase letters).● If the parent types a user name that is already taken, the system notifies him that the user name is taken. Another user name must be entered.2. In the Password field, the parent enters a password that he will use when he logs on to txConnect.● The password must be six to nine alphanumeric characters.● It must be a combination of the following: uppercase, lowercase, numeric, and/or punctuation (e.g., aBc1234).● The password is case-sensitive (i.e., it must always be typed exactly as it is entered here, including uppercase and lowercase letters).3. In the Confirm Password field, the parent retypes his password exactly as it was typed above. This step confirms that the parent typed his password as intended.4. The E-mail field is used to send the parent attendance, grade average, and assignment alerts.The field is required:● If the parent is new to the district and is registering a new student.● If the parent is updating an existing student's enrollment information.5. Click Next.● If all required data was not entered, a red message is displayed to the right of each field that is missing data. That information must be provided before he can continue.● If the data was entered correctly, the Hint Question - Step 2 of 3 page is displayed.
1. In the Question field, the parent selects a question to which he will provide an answer. The question is asked in the event that the parent loses his password.2. In the Answer field, the parent types the answer to the question. He will be required to answer the question correctly in order to recover his password. The parent should select a question for which he will easily remember the answer. The answer is case-sensitive (i.e., it must always be typed exactly as it is entered here, including uppercase and lowercase letters).3. Click Next.● If the data was entered incorrectly, a red message is displayed to the right of each field that has incorrect data. That information must be provided before he can continue.● If the data was entered correctly, the Add Students - Step 3 of 3 page is displayed.
1. In the Student Portal ID field, the parent types his student’s portal ID provided by the campus. If he does not have this ID, he must contact the campus to get the ID. He cannot continue without entering a valid student portal ID.Note: The student portal ID must be typed exactly as it is printed (i.e., uppercase and lowercase letters).2. In the Student Birth Date field, the parent types his student’s complete birth date in the MM/DD/YYYY format (e.g., 01/19/1998). The date entered here must match the birth date in his student’s record at the campus. He cannot continue without entering the correct birth date.3. Click Add. The student’s name is displayed in the Added Students box on the right side of the page. The parent must successfully add at least one student in order to create an account.4. The parent can repeat the previous steps to add another student or click Complete. The Summary page for the first student in the parent’s alphabetical list is displayed.
1. From the Login page, in the User Name field, the parent types his user ID. The user ID is not case-sensitive.2. In the Password field, the parent types his password. The typed text is hidden. The password is case-sensitive.3. Click Log In. The student’s Summary page is displayed.
● If the parent has more than one student in his account, the Summary page for the first student in his alphabetical list is displayed.
● If the parent entered an invalid user ID and/or password, an error message will prompt him to reenter the data.Warning: If the parent has three unsuccessful attempts logging on (invalid user ID/password combinations), the system will lock out his account for 10 minutes. He should try logging on again after 10 minutes.